TAMI tenants may prefer to hold a lunch meeting in Bryant Park with a Halal falafel and a $3 bottled water, but they demand first-class lobby concierge, wellness, gourmet food and more in the office. And it’s paying off. Large user tenants recently signed leases on New York’s West Side for >$100 per square foot that may include outdoor space, bike storage, fitness centers and pet-friendly facilities to help their organizations foster interaction, increase… Read More
Last week, JLL launched a mid-year update to the 2016 Skyline Report, which provides online access to current market intelligence for the most iconic offices across our skyline. JLL’s Skyline provides insights on office supply, demand, rents and leverage for the top-tier office market within CBDs and urban cores. Five key trends shape this update, and below see how they impact our City.
- Gone today, here tomorrow
Many markets are expected to enter a period of… Read More
ICSC – where retail and real estate meet
Anyone who is anyone in retail will be attending the ICSC National Deal Making Conference in New York from Monday December 8 – Tuesday December 9.
Join JLL retail experts in our private meeting space for giveaways and insights into the world’s best retail market.
Stop by the JLL Retail Booth from 8:30AM
Hall… Read More
Following from the recent release of JLL’s Q3 U.S. Office Outlook, in the video below, JLL’s Managing Director of U.S. office market research, John Sikaitis, discusses the state of the national office market and expectations for the coming months, as of October 2014.
Download your copy of the Q3 2014 U.S. Office Outlook for a complete market review.… Read More
Zhen joins JLL as a Senior Vice President specializing in urban agency leasing in New York City
JLL is continuing the expansion of its retail platform in New York City with the addition of Amy Zhen. Zhen will serve as a Senior Vice President working on the team lead by Vice Chairman Bob Gibson, who joined JLL earlier this year to lead the firm’s New York retail brokerage practice.
In her new role, Zhen is tasked… Read More
Manhattan Office Outlook | September 2014
JLL’s New York Research team has just released its September Manhattan Office Outlook – a monthly wrap-up of leasing activity in Manhattan, including Class A vacancy and asking rates, along with a snapshot of conditions in capital markets.
Report highlights are as follows:
Midtown Class A vacancy fell sharply in August to 10.7 percent from 11.2 percent in July while asking… Read More
JLL NYC Research: August Tech Monthly
JLL’s Tech Monthly looks at activity in New York’s tech sector, including employment growth, leasing activity, venture capital funding and companies hiring.
Highlights of our August report include:
- Tech sector employment in New York City increased by 5.2 percent year-over-year in June, again the largest industry growth among all major sectors.
- Tech tenants committed to 350,910 square feet of recorded transactions in July—an uptick … Read More
Wasserberger and Schneider honored in group of 50 women who have shaped New York City
JLL Managing Director, Cynthia Wasserberger, and Senior Vice President, Dana Schneider, were recently featured in Bisnow’s “New York Power Women 2014” email series, which profiled 50 women Bisnow considers to have impacted New York City’s built environment. These hard-working, high-achieving NYC commercial real estate power women are set to be honored in person at a Bisnow event to be held… Read More
New York Chart of the Week: July 28, 2014
* Includes 5,000+ square foot tenants
- In Midtown South, TAMI (Tech, Advertising, Media & Information) tenants comprise 40.9 percent of space, while FIRE (Financial Services, Insurance & Real Estate) tenants occupy only 13.8 percent.
- The opposite is true Downtown, where FIRE tenants make up 39.2 percent versus TAMI’s 12.2 percent.
- This divide … Read More
New York Chart of the Week: July 21, 2014
- A number of large leases enabled the financial services sector to solidify its place in the top spot in terms of leasing activity YTD.
- Despite stagnant employment growth and increased regulation, the sector—long dominant in office leasing—captured almost one-third of YTD leasing activity compared with 21.7 percent over the same … Read More