Do your new year’s resolutions include saving costs on IT expenses, energizing your employees and giving your workplace a ‘face lift’? If not, they should, because we have 35 strategic yet practical real estate cost-cutting tips to ensure you’ll succeed in 2018. No matter where you are in your commercial real estate journey, you’ll want to keep this information handy to help reduce your spending, grow your revenue and empower your employees.
Here are just a few solutions to motivate you and help you effectively achieve your commercial real estate ambitions.
- Automate a dashboard to track cost savings and cost avoided to minimize manual reporting and help motivate your people to think wisely about investment priorities.
- Take advantage of facility technology, such as computer-based maintenance or automated work order management systems.
- Benchmark your operational costs against peer companies to mirror best-in-class.
- Sell unused property from a recent consolidation or merger.
Energize your employees
- Launch a reward program for employees who spot new cost saving ideas or improvements to the workplace.
- Implement a “clean desk” policy so that all offices (including executive offices) that aren’t being used can be used as team or meeting rooms.
Start 2018 on the right foot by using a couple cost-cutting tips to support your company in achieving its unlimited potential. For the full list of 35 ways to cut your real estate costs and other workplace insights, check out our Office Renew site.
And don’t forget to share your own real estate cost-saving secrets with us @jllnewyork.