JLL’s Culture Club works with our employees to give back to the community
The colder months can be a beautiful time to live and work in New York. Activities like ice skating in Central Park, sipping hot chocolate in Bryant Park, and admiring the holiday lights in the store windows on Fifth Avenue, all create a sense of magic and wonder. However, while many are able to enjoy the cold weather around the holidays, this time of year can also be incredibly challenging for our city’s less fortunate residents.
JLL is committed to giving back to the New York community, to help to alleviate, in some small way, the difficulties many face—not just during the colder months but over the course of the entire year. Every year, JLL’s New York office and its employees donate thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of personal time to support activities and organizations that better the community, improve the lives of New York’s less fortunate residents and make New York City and the surrounding suburbs compassionate, caring places to live and work.
JLL coordinates its company-sponsored and/or employee-driven charitable activities through its Culture Club, which communicates opportunities to all staffers in JLL’s six regional offices and then provides structure to the firm’s participation.
Some of JLL’s most recent charitable activities are listed below:
- Wheelchair Drive to benefit the American Wheelchair Mission
- Gridiron Games in support of Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York
- PB&J Day for the St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters
- Westchester Children’s Museum
- New York Cares Day
- God’s Love We Deliver 5K Race in Central Park
- Book drive and Holiday gifts for families of St. Joseph’s Home
- Holiday cards for the Elderly supporting Meals-on-Wheels
- Change “War” for Charity—Ronald McDonald House