Where transparency broadens, real estate capital flows and market change follows.
JLL’s eighth Global Real Estate Transparency Index, covering 102 markets worldwide, shows continued progress in the transparency of commercial real estate around the world. Over 80% of markets have registered improvement since 2012. The top improvers in each survey generally correlate with a surge in foreign direct investment and corporate occupier activity, as investors help to accelerate transparency reforms and governments realize that poor transparency will affect continued inward investment, long-term growth prospects and the quality of life of citizens.
Key findings of the Index include:
- Growing expectations of market transparency
- Top positions still dominated by Anglophone markets
- Sub-Saharan Africa shows greatest improvement
- Wider adoption of sustainability tools
- ‘Open data’ policies boost transparency
- Extension of REIT structures
- The unexpected power of sporting events
- The enhanced role of financial regulators
Global Real Estate Transparency, 2014
102 markets worldwide:
For further insights, check out the Index in full.